Coffee Shop Barista
Sodexo Campus Dining at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is committed to providing outstanding on-campus dining. A dining experience is more than great food. It’s a community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.
- Greets customers, take orders, mixes and serves Starbucks hot and cold beverages such as coffee, espresso, cappuccino, café latte, tea, chai, fruit blend drinks, etc. while considering customer specifications.
- Works to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages and food items.
- Maintains area in a neat and sanitary manner.
- Often cleans coffee machines, restaurant areas, and preparation areas.
- Records all sales, collects money, operates a cash register and follows all cash-handling procedures as required.
- Sell food items
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Must be enrolled at UMSL during the period of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 before and during employment.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Hourly wage: $8.00 per hour
Hours of Operation:
Café TJ is open Monday through Thursday 7:30am-6:30pm, Friday 7:30am-2pm, Saturday 11am-3pm, and Sunday 1pm-5pm.
Required Training Dates:
Beginning of spring semester