Resident Dining Cook
Sodexo Campus Dining at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is committed to providing outstanding on-campus dining. A dining experience is more than great food. It’s a community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.
- Prepares and cooks to order foods that may require short preparation time.
- May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte and may operate a grill station. Reads food order on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps
records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student during the period of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 before and during employment.
- Have flexibility to work weekends.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Hourly wage: $8.00 per hour
Hours of Operation:
The UMSL Resident Dining Hall in Provincial Hall is open daily from 11am to 2pm and 5pm to 7pm and Sunday through Thursday, it is also open 7:30pm – 9pm
Required Training Dates:
Beginning of spring semester