Resident Dining Dishwasher
Sodexo Campus Dining at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is committed to providing outstanding on-campus dining. A dining experience is more than great food. It’s a community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.
- Maintains a customer focus while performing duties.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the cleanliness of dishware.
- Loads, runs and unloads dish machine.
- Monitors dish machine water temperature and chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Washes and stores all tableware and kitchenware.
- Keeps Dishroom clean and organized.
- Completes opening and closing checklists.
- Maintains adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Bags and hauls kitchen trash to dumpster.
- Handles tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintains adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Cleans food preparation and production areas as required.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- May assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Must be enrolled at UMSL during the period of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 before and during employment.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Hourly wage: $9.00 per hour, Monday and Tuesday 10am to 2 pm and 4pm to 10pm, Wednesdays 4pm to 10pm. Summer hours vary
Hours of Operation:
The UMSL Resident Dining Hall in Provincial House is open daily from 11am to 2pm and 5pm to 7pm. Sunday through Thursday, it is also open 7:30pm-9pm.
Required Training Dates: