Southside Café Attendant
Sodexo Campus Dining at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is committed to providing outstanding on-campus dining. A dining experience is more than great food. It’s a community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to guests.
- Provides personalized service during guest interactions.
- Removes dirty dishes from table and counter tops, and transports items to designated area.’
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and floors as required to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans food and beverage equipment (coffee machines, soda and juice dispensers, ice bins), service stations and refrigerators as scheduled or required.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student during the period of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 before and during employment.
- Have flexibility to work weekends.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Hourly wage: $8.00 per hour
Hours of Operation:
Southside Cafe operates Monday through Thursday 8am-7pm.
Required Training Dates:
Beginning of spring semester