WOW Café Cook
Sodexo Campus Dining at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is committed to providing outstanding on-campus dining. A dining experience is more than great food. It’s a community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment.
- Sets up station
- Provides general stocking duties in station
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Must be enrolled at UMSL during the period of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 before and during employment.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Hourly wage: $8.00 per hour
Hours of Operation:
WOW Café operates in the Nosh Food Court Monday through Thursday 10:15am-6pm and Friday 10am-2pm.
Required Training Dates:
Beginning of spring semester