Student Marketing Assistant
Millennium Student Center
To support campus engagement for students, faculty and staff by providing an environment conducive for social, academic and assemblies necessary for student and professional development. The Millennium Student Center embraces the campus’ goal to provide a safe and communal environment that aids in meeting the diverse needs of all individuals.
- Research new trends based on demographics to promote programs and activities that are responsive to the developmental, physical, social, and educational needs of the student body and university community.
- Make recommendations on what market strategies to employ.
- Maintain the MSC website, Event Services website, and update the content regularly.
- Create a social media presence through Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, including scheduling Facebook updates.
- Designing flyers, graphics, invites and other marketing material for projects or events hosted by the MSC.
- Provide support for activities and events taking place in the MSC.
- Other duties as assigned by the student staff supervisor.
- Prior experience in marketing or the pursuance of a degree in marketing preferred.
- Must possess a positive and friendly disposition, flexibility, and good communication skills (oral & written).
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be detailed-oriented and have strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Must be enrolled at the University of Missouri-St. Louis at least half time (6 credit hours for undergraduate and 5 credit hours graduate). Enrollment in the summer session is not required as long as the student was enrolled in the spring semester and will enroll for the fall semester.
- Must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.3 GPA (semester and cumulative 3.0 GPA for graduate students).
$8 per hour, averaging 10-25 hours per week scheduled over multiple days per week.
Required Training Dates:
August 18, 2017 through August 20, 2017