Office of Student Involvement
The mission of the Office of Student Involvement is to help students develop as life-long learners and leaders by providing quality programs and services that complement and enhance the academic experience.
The Office Assistant is responsible for supporting campus activities, programs, involvement opportunities, and events sponsored by the Office of Student Involvement. The Office Assistant is responsible for receptionist duties, cash handling, assisting students, professional staff, and the public, as well as various tasks assigned by office staff. There is a strong emphasis on customer service. The Office of Student Involvement and Office of New Student Programs share suite space in the Millennium Student Center. Office Assistants for OSI will serve as a resource for the professional staff in New Student Programs as well.
- Greet and direct users and visitors to the Office of Student Involvement and Office of New Student Programs
- Provide information and answer inquiries regarding programs and resources for the campus and the Office of Student Involvement and Office of New Student Programs
- Receive phone calls and take messages for the professional staff
- Function independently in the absence of professional staff
- Assist with administrative tasks as directed by the Office of Student Involvement and New Student Programs staff.
- Maintain the front desk operation.
- Serve as a resource for visitors to the Office of Student Involvement and Office of New Student Programs
- Other projects as directed by professional staff.
- Work as a team member with other Office Assistants with a focus on excellent customer service.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student during the period of employment.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 before and during employment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are considered an asset.
Hourly wage: $7.70 per hour, averaging 8 – 15 hours per week scheduled over a minimum of 2 days.
Required Training Dates:
January 11, 2018