Student Programs Manager: Diversity & Service
Office of Student Involvement
The mission of the Office of Student Involvement is to help students develop as life-long learners and leaders by providing quality programs and services that complement and enhance the academic experience.
The Office of Student Involvement (OSI) Student Programs Manager for Diversity & Service supports a professional staff member in planning, implementing, and assessing diversity programs and community service initiatives. As a member of the Office of Student Involvement the student programs manager will support the department’s mission to develop life-long learners and leaders through quality programs and services that complement and enhance the academic experience at the university. This individual will assist in the planning and implementation of large-scale programs including but not limited to MLK Day of Service, Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and Alternative Spring Break. This individual will also assist in developing ongoing community-based programs such as Service Saturdays and HolidayFest.
This individual will provide support and administer program and department assessments to collect information on student learning outcomes in coordination with the program coordinator; will assist in the management and maintenance of the department budget for diversity and community service programming; and will support and maintain programs in partnership with the Office of Student Life and the Division of Student Affairs. Participation in campus-wide programming including but not limited to Homecoming, Mirth Week, Weeks of Welcome, and Orientation is required.
Key Duties Include
- Assist in the planning and implementation of departmental programs. This position works specifically with:
- MLK Day of Service
- Alternative Spring Break
- Cultural Education Months
- Co-advise UMSL Students of Service
- Assist in the development and implementation of diversity and community service program marketing efforts
- Assist the Office of Student Involvement leadership team in the development, implementation, and assessment of diversity initiatives and community service functions
- Complete evaluations and reports as required by the program coordinator
- Maintain regular office hours and attend staff departmental meetings and retreats
- Work collaboratively with Student Affairs staff as needed
- This list of duties, tasks, and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assign
- At the time of employment, candidates must be enrolled students at the University of Missouri – St. Louis.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.25 before and during employment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are considered an asset
- Basic knowledge of TritonSync student organization management system considered an asset
- The candidate must possess the ability to work effectively in a team and fast-paced environment while meeting strict deadlines. There will also be times when the candidate will be expected to complete tasks, make decisions, and communicate with staff with little or no supervision. Must be able to multitask and take initiative when necessary.
Preference will be given to individuals with prior experience in diversity initiatives and/or community service program development. Individuals should display strong organizational and communication skills complemented by a strong academic and co-curricular background. Candidates should display enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, as well as a desire to be an active member of a dynamic and diverse community. Undergraduate experience in event planning, student staff training, and student organization leadership is encouraged.
Preferred Graduate Academic Programs
- M.Ed. in Higher Education (HIED)
- M.Ed. in Adult Education (ADED)
- M.S. in Counseling (CNSL)
Starting salary is $9 per hour.
This position requires 10 hours per week in the Office of Student Involvement. Occasional night and weekend hours are required.
Required Training Dates: