Student Programs Manager: Fraternity & Sorority Life
Office of Student Involvement
The mission of the Office of Student Involvement is to help students develop as life-long learners and leaders by providing quality programs and services that complement and enhance the academic experience.
The Office of Student Involvement (OSI) Student Programs Manager for Fraternity & Sorority Life supports a professional staff member in planning, implementing, and assessing and managing Fraternity & Sorority Life programs and operations. As a member of the Office of Student Involvement the student programs manager will support the department’s mission to develop life-long learners and leaders through quality programs and services that complement and enhance the academic experience at the university. This individual will assist in the planning and implementation of larger-scale training programs including but not limited to National Hazing Prevention Week, Mixer with UMSL Police, and New Member Institute.
This individual will provide support and administer program and department assessments to collect information on student learning outcomes in coordination with the program coordinator; will assist in the management and maintenance of the department budget for Fraternity and Sorority Life; and will support and maintain departmental and divisional programs in partnership with the Office of Student Involvement and the Division of Student Affairs. Participation in campus-wide programming including but not limited to Homecoming, Mirth Week, Weeks of Welcome, and Orientation is required.
Key Duties Include
- Assist in the planning and implementation of departmental programs. This position works specifically with:
- Mixer with UMSL Police Department
- Hazing Prevention Week
- New Member Institute
- Senior Summit
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Leaders Retreat
- Co-advise Order of Omega, the Panhellenic Council & Interfraternity Council
- Assist in the planning and implementation of formal recruitment activities for Panhellenic Council
- Assist in the development and implementation of Fraternity & Sorority Life marketing efforts
- Develop and implement social media presence for Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Assist the Office of Student Involvement team in the development, implementation, and assessment of fraternity and sorority life initiatives
- Complete evaluations and reports as required by the program coordinator
- Maintain regular office hours and attend staff departmental meetings and retreats
- Attend Division of Student Affairs meetings, programs, and professional development opportunities as assigned by supervisor
- Work collaboratively with Student Affairs staff as needed
- This list of duties, tasks, and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned
- At the time of employment, candidates must be enrolled students at the University of Missouri – St. Louis.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.25 before and during employment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are considered an asset
- Basic knowledge of TritonSync student organization management system considered an asset
- The candidate must possess the ability to work effectively in a team and fast-paced environment while meeting strict deadlines. There will also be times when the candidate will be expected to complete tasks, make decisions, and communicate with staff with little or no supervision. Must be able to multitask and take initiative when necessary.
Preference will be given to individuals with prior experience in student leadership programs and/or Fraternity & Sorority Life and that are not members of organizations chartered on the UMSL campus. Individuals should display strong organizational and communication skills complemented by a strong academic and co-curricular background. Candidates should display enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, as well as a desire to be an active member of a dynamic and diverse community. Undergraduate experience in event planning, student staff training, and student organization leadership is encouraged.
Starting salary is $9 per hour.
This position requires 10-15 hours per week in the Office of Student Involvement. Night and weekend hours are required.
Required Training Dates: