Group Fitness Instructor
Recreation & Wellness Center
Campus Recreation’s mission is to enhance lives by providing outstanding recreational opportunities and experiences for the diverse UMSL community.
- To lead fitness and wellness classes for patrons.
- Instruct aerobic-based group fitness to students, faculty/staff and community members.
- Enforce policies and procedures set forth by the Recreation & Wellness Center in order to provide a safe and enjoyable class.
- Assume a leadership role as a professional in the area of exercise and group fitness
- Teach class with energy and enthusiasm.
- Obtain substitutes as needed and report the change to the appropriate professional staff member.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Displays a positive and friendly attitude.
- Willingness to learn, follow, and enforce rules and regulation.
- Excellent communication skills, especially using email.
- A current group fitness instructyor certification or the ability to attend a workshop through the Recreation and Wellness Center
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
$10.00-$18.00 an hour
Required Training Dates:
January 18-20, 2018