Seasonal Sales Associate
The Triton Store is the leading provider of educational resources and collegiate products to the University community, all while enhancing student success, providing student employment opportunities and promoting University pride. Our vision is clear – to enhance the UMSL student experience by providing the resources that support successful learning and effective learning.
- Provide the Highest level of customer service including approaching customers with proper greeting, inquiring about their needs, maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
- Assist customers with their purchases in person, on the phone and online.
- Create a positive shopping experience by demonstrating knowledge, care and interest, and passion for the job.
- Maintain through knowledge of all departments on the sales floor including a functional understanding of how textbooks are organized, where clothing items are stocked, how general books are arranged, etc.
- Remain proficient at operating cash register, supplement staff for breaks and during peak times.
- Perform opening/closing store procedures
- Must be enrolled at UMSL during the period of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Must be available to work days, evening and weekends.
- Ability to communicate and comprehend verbal and written information/instruction.
- Pass math skills text.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Hourly wage: $7.70 per hour. Afternoon, evening and weekend hours are available.
Hours of Operation:
Required Training Dates:
Must have training completed and passed training no later than 2 weeks before classes begin.