Resident Dining Cashier
Sodexo Campus Dining at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is committed to providing outstanding on-campus dining. A dining experience is more than great food. It’s a community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.
- Provide the highest quality of service to our customers at all times.
- Operate a cash register (or equivalent) receiving the payments of cash or charges from customers or employees.
- Making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- The cashier records amounts received and may be expected to total and summarize funds received, prepare bank deposits, and verify cash at the beginning of a shift.
- The cashier must understand and follow the Sodexo cash handling policies and procedures.
- The cashier may assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operate equipment with peripheral electronic data processing.
- The cashier may also be required to prepare for service before the mean and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, sweeping the floor, cleaning chairs and otherwise ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
- Maintaining proper security of cash at all times will be expected.
- The set up and stocking of the beverage area or other assigned areas may also be required.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student during the period of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 before and during employment.
- Have flexibility to work weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word are considered an asset.
Hourly wage: $9.00 per hour, averaging 8-20 hours per week
Hours of Operation:
The UMSL Resident Dining Hall in Provincial Hall is open daily from 11am to 2pm and 5pm to 7pm and Sunday through Thursday, it is also open 7:30pm – 9pm
Required Training Dates: