Resident Dining Cashier
Sodexo Campus Dining at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is committed to providing outstanding on-campus dining. A dining experience is more than great food. It’s a community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and procedures.
- May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
- Set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items, service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student during the period of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 before and during employment.
- Have flexibility to work weekends.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Hourly wage: $8.00 per hour
Hours of Operation:
The UMSL Resident Dining Hall in Provincial Hall is open daily from 11am to 2pm and 5pm to 7pm and Sunday through Thursday, it is also open 7:30pm – 9pm
Required Training Dates:
Beginning of spring semester