New Student Programs
The Office of New Student Programs (NSP) provides ongoing programs and services that support new students and families in transition to University of Missouri – St. Louis.
- Provide assistance with the implementation of Triton Take-Off Weekend in the Fall and Spring Welcome Events, WOW activities, and various other programming geared towards new transfer students.
- Represent our transfer student population and engage with new transfer students at Transfer Student Orientations, phone calls, and interact social campaign for new transfer students to engage with current transfer students.
- Assist with marketing and facilitating a Transfer Interest Groups (TRIGS) during the first 6 weeks
- Work closely and effectively with fellow Transfer Ambassadors.
- Work as a student leader during Triton Take-Off Weekend in Fall, Welcome Programming in Spring, TRIGs, WOW, and transfer specific events and providing accurate information to students.
- Initiate and develop open communication and interaction with your new students, fellow leaders, and professional staff.
- Work productively and cooperatively with all members of the University community to effectively implement events.
- Serve as a positive role-model and ambassador on behalf of the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
- Reliable, responsible, confident, creative, sincere, flexible, willing to help, and good communication skills
- An energetic and fun personality, positive attitude, and dedication
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Eligible to register as an undergraduate.
- Able to attend all training and Orientation dates
- Basic knowledge of UMSL campus and desire to further knowledge
- Enrolled in summer courses that would conflict with required dates
- The opportunity to impact the lives, experiences, and academic success of first-year transfer students at UMSL
- Experience as a Para-professional
- Hourly wage: $8.35 per hour
- Potential Option for early move-in option if you are living in Residential Life and Housing facility during Welcome Events
Required Training Dates:
Training Dates, Weekly Team Meetings, Office Hours, and TRIGs will be determined based on availability of the Transfer Ambassador team
Work Hours 5 to 10 hours per week depending on the tasks
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK ALL DATES. ALL DATES ARE FINALIZED
November 27- December 1 Training Retreat For Spring Semester (Finalized time upon final team)
Friday, December 15, 2017: 2pm – 5pm Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) Prep Work
Monday, December 18, 2017: 7am-3pm Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
January-April Weekly Team Meetings 1 hour Spring Training (Finalized upon final team)
January-April Weekly Office Hours 3 hours Office Hours (finalize upon final team)
January-April Weekly TRIG Sessions 1 hour TRIG Sessions (Finalized time upon team)
Wednesday, January 10, 2018: 2m – 5pm Prep Work
Thursday, January 11, 2018: 7am-3pm Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
Saturday, January 13, 2018: 8am-4pm Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
Saturday, January 13-Monday, January 15: Spring Triton Take-Off Weekend Programming (developing)
Tuesday, January 16 – Wednesday, January 17 Help-A-Triton table location; work a table for 2 hours each day
Saturday, March 3, 2018 10am-3pm UMSL Day, work NSP table
Friday, March 23 – Sunday, March 25, 2018 NODA Conference – paid conference in Leewood, Kansas
Sunday, April 22, 2018: Noon – 4pm WOW Crew Leader Spring Training
Thursday, May 10, 2018: 9am-5pm Prep Work
Friday, May 11, 2018: 7am - 3pm Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
Monday, May 21, 2018 - Friday, June 1, 2018 WOW Crew Leader Training
Thursday, June 7, 2018: 9am-5pm Prep Work
Friday, June 8, 2018: 7am-3pm Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
Monday, June 11 – Friday, June 15 Phone Calling *Hours will fluctuate
Wednesday, July 11, 2018: Prep Work
Thursday, July 12, 2018: 7am-3pm Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
Friday, July 13, 2018: 7am-3pm Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
Thursday, July 19, 2018: 5pm-9pm Admitted Student Reception – Open Rec Night Event
Tuesday, July 31, 2018: 9am-5pm Prep Work
Wednesday, August 1, 2018: 7am-3pm Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
Friday, August 10, 2018: 9am-5pm Prep Work
Saturday, August 11, 2018: 7am-3pm Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
Please Note ALL WOW Crew Events, you do not get paid but will receive other perks:
Wednesday, August 15, 2018: 6pm-10pm Triton Take-Off Weekend Leader Training
Thursday, August 16, 2018 Triton Take-Off Weekend Prep day
Friday, August 17, 2018-Sunday, August 19, 2018 Triton Take-Off Weekend
**Some Events might be added due to new ideas or initiatives our team creates & you have the option to continue this role on to the next semester upon your performance in your role.