Graphic Arts Assistant
Office of Student Life
The mission of the Office of Student Involvement is to help students develop as life-long learners and leaders by providing quality programs and services that complement and enhance the academic experience.
The Graphic Arts Assistant is responsible for supporting campus activities, programs, involvement opportunities, and events sponsored by the University Program Board and the Office of Student Involvement. They work in the Office of Student Involvement in the Millennium Student Center. They work under the direct supervision with the Media Producer – Sr.
- Contribute to the overall operation and management of the Graphics Area.
- Create and/or develop posters, logos, graphics, t-shirt designs, websites and more for student organizations and Student Involvement staff.
- Assist the Graphic Artist as needed.
- Serve as a resource for users of materials available in the graphics and resource areas.
- Function independently in all phases of the Office of Student Involvement operation in the absence of professional staff.
- Interpret client requests into fully realized artwork.
- Assist in the promotional efforts of the Office of Student Involvement.
- Implement and make suggestions for improvement of operational policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and satisfaction of graphics area users.
- Other projects as assigned by Student Involvement professional staff.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student during the period of employment.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 before and during employment.
- Proficiency in Mac OS, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Indesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Camera Operation is a plus.
- Must have an online portfolio of samples in a variety of styles to showcase your design experience.
Hourly wage: $9.00 per hour, averaging 10 – 15 hours per week between 8am and 6:00pm
Required Training Dates:
August 15th, 2018 | 9am-12:30pm