Recreation & Wellness Center
Campus Recreation's mission is to enhance lives by providing outstanding recreational opportunities and experiences for the diverse UMSL community.
- Ensure operation of machinery by completing preventative maintenance duties.
- Trouble shoots issues and locates sources of problems through observing mechanical devices and listening for problems.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication to inform supervisor of all equipment maintenance issues.
- Daily routine cleaning of fitness areas to include but not limited to: detail cleaning of fitness equipment, assemble new equipment, mopping of stretch mats and floor, and vacuuming of debris throughout all fitness areas.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of various work schedules; early morning, late evening, and weekends.
- While on duty physical exertion could be demanded. While performing duties the employee will frequently be required to stand, kneel, stand, stoop, communicate, reach, pull, push, and manipulate objects.
- Follow diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s instructions.
- The position requires mobility.
- This position requires the ability effectively communicate.
- Technical understanding, basic safety, and attention to detail
- Could be exposed to blood borne pathogens. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
$8.00 an hour
Required Training Dates:
August 16-18, 2017