Recreation & Wellness Center
Campus Recreation’s mission is to enhance lives by providing outstanding recreational opportunities and experiences for the diverse UMSL community.
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies.
- Provides emergency care as required until emergency medical services arrive.
- Prevent accidents and minimize or eliminate hazardous conditions.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Perform chemical tests to maintain proper water chemistry and documentation.
- Complete records and reports.
- Participate in regular in-service training.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary
- Maintain current American Red Cross certifications
- Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Maintain fitness level
- Swim 300 yards continuously using either front crawl or breast stroke with rhythmic breathing.
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object, return to surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps in 1 minute 40 seconds or less.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only.
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
$8.25 an hour during school year, $9.50 during summer
Required Training Dates:
August 16-18, 2017