Recreation & Wellness Center
Campus Recreation’s mission is to enhance lives by providing outstanding recreational opportunities and experiences for the diverse UMSL community.
- Conduct Fitness Assessments & fitness equipment orientations
- Prescribe individual workout programs
- Provide safe exercise recommendations to clients based on Campus Recreation guidelines.
- Conduct a health history consultation maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Record and organize all client workouts and information.
- Demonstrate and coach clients on the proper use of cardiovascular and strength equipment.
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of various work schedules; early morning, late evening, and weekends.
- Potential of working with members with health related illnesses and cardiac problems. Personal Trainers will be required to maintain training knowledge. While on duty physical exertion will or could be demanded.
- While performing duties the employee will frequently be required to stand, sit, kneel, stand, stoop, communicate, reach, pull, and push. The position requires mobility.
- Could be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- This position requires the ability to interact appropriately with co-workers and members of the University community. Individual will work with other student employees in a team environment to provide recreational services to the University community.
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
$10.00-$18.00 an hour
Required Training Dates:
April, 2018 – various dates
August 15-17, 2018